The Full Form Of NTPC
What Is The Full Form Of NTPC? NTPC stands for National Thermal Power Corporation. It’s a public sector company in India, headquartered in New Delhi. It had been set up to quicken the power generation in the country. Today, it’s the largest renewable energy generating company in India with regards to installing capacity and output. NTPC is also listed on the National Stock Exchange and Bombay Stock Exchange. The company has also ventured into gas and oil exploration and coal mining activities. It’s the biggest energy company in India with electrical power generating capacity of 58, 156 MW. Even though the company has approx.
16% of the total national capacity contributes to over 25% of the total energy generation because of its concentrate on working its power plants in higher efficiency rates.NTPC currently generates 25 billion units of electricity per month.
NTPC operates 53 power stations. Further, it’s 9 coal and 1 gas station, owned subsidiaries or by joint ventures. Aside from creating power, it’s also actively engaged in coal mining, power trading, equipment manufacturing, renewable energy, and power distribution, etc. Additionally, it provides consultancy services related to power plant construction or power generation and undertakes turnkey projects for domestic and international customers.
- It was incorporated on 7 Nov 1975 as an energy-generating company.
- On 19 March 1976, Shri. D.V Kapur became the first Chairman & Managing Director of NTPC.
- On 8 December 1976, the government cleared the job Of NTPC, a renewable energy project in Singrauli in Uttar Pradesh.
- In 1997 It was conferred the status of Navratna company.
- In 2004, it became a company and in 2005, it was renamed NTPC Limited’.
- In 2006, it signed an agreement with Sri Lanka at installing two units of 250 MW each.
- In May 2010, it became a Maharatna company. between the years, 2008 and 2011, it entered into a joint venture with various renowned companies such as NMDC, NHPC, Bharat Forge, Coal India, SAIL and BHEL.